Monday, March 17, 2008

Civic Sense

Last evening while I was walking up the staircase of my apartment back from work, I found an empty chips packet thrown on the stairs. Not that this was the first of its kind occurrence for me, but such things have become an order of the day. People driving the costliest car and yet opening the window of it to throw trash on road, people consuming packed food and water and then not bothering to dispose the empty containers in the right way; such things have become a part and parcel of our lives. However, I fail to understand the urge to litter our surroundings. Is this what our education teaches us? Why do we then grow up calling Earth as Dharti Mata? Aren’t we educated enough to maintain cleanliness by ensuring that waste reaches the appropriate destination so that it can be disposed of in the right way?

1 comment:

nidhi said...

Good thinking, I must say! The issue here is that only a few people see a 1000 feet view...so, they just avoid the small extra effort which is required to keep the surroundings clean and keep on littering around and the result - INDIA TODAY!

- Nidhi Chaudhary